Terms of Service
An Introduction to DiscussionAdda’s Terms of Service
Welcome to DiscussionAdda! Here is a quick summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
- Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge. The DiscussionAdda platform offers a place to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers. This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand the world.
- You are responsible for the content that you post. This includes ensuring that you have the rights needed for you to post that content and that your content does not violate the legal rights of another party or any applicable laws.
- You can repost content from DiscussionAdda elsewhere, provided that you attribute the content back to the DiscussionAdda platform and respect the rights of the original poster, including any “not for reproduction” designation, and do not use automated tools.
- We do not endorse or verify content posted by users. Our content and materials are provided to you “as is,” without any guarantees. You are solely responsible for your own use of the DiscussionAdda platform. Posts from lawyers, doctors, and other professionals should not be treated as a substitute for professional advice for your specific situation.
- We offer tools for you to give feedback and report complaints. If you think someone has violated your intellectual property rights, other laws, or DiscussionAdda’s policies, you can initiate a report at the contact us portal.
We are pleased that you want to join the DiscussionAdda platform and encourage you to read the full Terms of Service.
DiscussionAdda Terms of Service
Welcome to DiscussionAdda! DiscussionAdda is a platform to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) set forth the agreement (“Agreement”) between you and DiscussionAdda, Inc. (“DiscussionAdda” “we” or “us”). It governs your use of the products and services we offer through our websites and applications (collectively the “DiscussionAdda Platform”).
Please make sure to read it, because, by using the DiscussionAdda Platform, you consent to these terms.
- The Mission of the DiscussionAdda Platform
DiscussionAdda’s mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge. The DiscussionAdda Platform is a place to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers. This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand the world.
- Using the DiscussionAdda Platform
- Who Can Use It. Use of the DiscussionAdda Platform by anyone under 13 years of age is prohibited. You represent that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live or, if you are not, your parent or legal guardian must consent to these Terms of Service and affirm that they accept this Agreement on your behalf and bear responsibility for your use. If you are accepting these Terms of Service on behalf of someone else or an entity, you confirm that you have the legal authority to bind that person or entity to this Agreement.
- Acceptable Use Policy. In your interaction with others on the DiscussionAdda Platform, you agree to follow the Acceptable Use Policy at all times.
- Termination. You may close your account at any time by going to account settings and disabling your account. We may terminate or suspend your DiscussionAdda account if you violate any DiscussionAdda policy or for any other reason.
- Changes to the DiscussionAdda Platform. We are always trying to improve your experience on the DiscussionAdda Platform. We may need to add or change features and may do so without notice to you.
- Feedback. We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the DiscussionAdda Platform. Feel free to submit feedback at DiscussionAdda.com/contact. By submitting feedback, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, freely and without compensation to you.
- Your Content
- Definition of Your Content. The DiscussionAdda Platform enables you to add posts, texts, photos, videos, links, and other files and information about yourself to share with others. All material that you upload, publish or display to others via the DiscussionAdda Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the DiscussionAdda Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public.
- Ownership. You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in Your Content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted below.
- License and Permission to Use Your Content.
- By submitting, posting, or displaying Your Content on the DiscussionAdda Platform, you grant DiscussionAdda and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, store, display and distribute, translate, communicate and make available to the public, and otherwise use Your Content in connection with the operation or use of the DiscussionAdda Platform or the promotion, advertising or marketing of the DiscussionAdda Platform or our business partners, in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed), including via means of automated distribution, such as through an application programming interface (also known as an “API”). You agree that this license includes the right for DiscussionAdda to make Your Content available to other companies, organizations, business partners, or individuals who collaborate with DiscussionAdda for the syndication, broadcast, communication and making available to the public, distribution or publication of Your Content on the DiscussionAdda Platform or through other media or distribution methods. This license also includes the right for other users of the DiscussionAdda Platform to use, copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, display, and distribute, translate, communicate and make available to the public Your Content, subject to our Terms of Service. Except as expressly provided in these Terms of Service, this license will not confer the right for you to use automated technology to copy or post questions and answers or to aggregate questions and answers for the purpose of making derivative works. If you do not wish to allow your answers to be translated by other users, you can globally opt out of translation in your profile settings or you can designate certain answers not for translation.
- Once you post an answer to a question, you may edit or delete your answer at any time from public display on https://www.DiscussionAdda.com, except in the case of anonymously posted answers. However, we may not be able to control removal of the answer from display on syndicated channels or other previously distributed methods outside of https://www.DiscussionAdda.com. DiscussionAdda may remove suspected spam from your answers. Once you post a question, it may be edited or deleted by other users or by DiscussionAdda at any time. Any edits and changes made by you may be visible to other users. The right for DiscussionAdda to copy, display, transmit, publish, perform, distribute, store, modify, and otherwise use any question you post, and sublicense those rights to others, is perpetual and irrevocable, to the maximum extent permitted by law, except as otherwise specified in this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that DiscussionAdda may preserve Your Content and may also disclose Your Content and related information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any of Your Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of DiscussionAdda, its users, or the public.
- You understand that we may modify, adapt, or create derivative works from Your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks, devices, service providers, and in various media. We also may remove or refuse to publish Your Content, in whole or part, at any time.
- You further give us the permission and authority to act as your nonexclusive agent to take enforcement action against any unauthorized use by third parties of any of Your Content outside of the DiscussionAdda Platform or in violation of our Terms of Service.
- Your Responsibilities for Your Content. By posting Your Content on the DiscussionAdda Platform, you represent and warrant to us that: i) you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all necessary licenses or permissions to use Your Content and grant us the rights to use Your Content as provided for under this Agreement, and ii) that posting Your Content violates no intellectual property or personal right of others or any applicable law or regulation, including any laws or regulations requiring disclosure that you have been compensated for Your Content. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with Your Content. You are responsible for ensuring that Your Content does not violate DiscussionAdda’s Acceptable Use Policy, other published DiscussionAdda policy, or any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person by reason of Your Content.
- Our Content and Materials
- Definition of Our Content and Materials. All intellectual property in or related to the DiscussionAdda Platform (specifically including, but not limited to our software, the DiscussionAdda marks, the DiscussionAdda logo, but excluding Your Content) is the property of DiscussionAdda, Inc., or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or content posted by other DiscussionAdda users licensed to us (collectively “Our Content and Materials”).
- Data. All data DiscussionAdda collects (“Data”) about use of the DiscussionAdda Platform by you or others is the property of DiscussionAdda, Inc., its subsidiaries, and affiliates. For clarity, Data does not include Your Content and is separate from Our Content and Materials.
- Our License to You.
- We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive license to use and access Our Content and Materials and Data as made available to you on the DiscussionAdda Platform in connection with your use of the DiscussionAdda Platform, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- DiscussionAdda gives you a worldwide, royalty-free, revocable, personal, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to re-post Our Content and Materials anywhere on the web, subject to these Terms and Conditions and provided that: (a) the content in question was added to the DiscussionAdda Platform after JAN 10, 2018; (b) the user who created the content has not explicitly marked the content as not for reproduction on the DiscussionAdda Platform; (c) you do not modify the content; (d) you attribute DiscussionAdda by name in readable text and with a human and machine-followable link (an HTML <a> anchor tag) linking back to the page displaying the original source of the content on https://DiscussionAdda.com on every page that contains Our Content and Materials; (e) upon request, either by DiscussionAdda or a user, you remove the user’s name from content which the user has subsequently made anonymous; (f) upon request, either by DiscussionAdda or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable effort to update a particular piece of content to the latest version on the DiscussionAdda Platform; and (g) upon request, either by DiscussionAdda or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable attempt to delete content that has been deleted or marked as not for reproduction on the DiscussionAdda Platform; (h) you don’t republish more than a small portion of Our Content and Materials; (i) you do not use any automated tools to aggregate or create derivative works. In exercising these rights, you may not implicitly or explicitly assert any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by DiscussionAdda, or any DiscussionAdda user, without separate, express prior written permission from us.
- We may terminate our license to you at any time for any reason. We have the right but not the obligation to refuse to distribute any content on the DiscussionAdda Platform or to remove content. Except for the rights and license granted in these Terms of Service, we reserve all other rights and grant no other rights or licenses, implied or otherwise.
- No Endorsement or Verification. Please note that the DiscussionAdda Platform contains access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third parties. Participation or availability on the DiscussionAdda Platform does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any content posted on the DiscussionAdda Platform by anyone.